Housing Assistance: HOPWA

///Housing Assistance: HOPWA
Housing Assistance: HOPWA 2018-05-02T10:09:39-04:00


It is estimated that as many as half of all people living with HIV/AIDS may need housing assistance at some point in their lives.

If you are living with HIV/AIDS and need to find or maintain stable, affordable housing, you may be eligible for rent assistance through our federally-funded Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) program.

Through HOPWA, Family Service can pay a portion of your monthly rent costs and help you find a housing situation that best fits you and your family’s needs. If you are living with HIV/AIDS, stable housing can significantly increase your access to health care and improve your ability to adhere to treatments and therapies.

Research shows that HIV-positive people who have stable housing require fewer hospitalizations, less emergency room care, and have better health outcomes. If you believe you need housing assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us: Project ONE at 610-466-0603 (confidential phone line)