Visit the links below for more information about HIV/AIDS, local testing sites, and ways to prevent HIV/AIDS:
What is HIV? What is AIDS?
Fact Sheets and Information Guides
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: a database of fact sheets about all aspects of HIV/AIDS from transmission to treatment and prevention.
- The Center for AIDS Information and Advocacy: a Huston, TX-based advocacy center with treatment information and publications about medical care for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource: a full website dedicated to information about HIV, testing, treatment and medications.
- The Well Project: a website for women dedicated to answering questions about HIV/AIDS and living with HIV/AIDS.
Testing in Chester County
- Chester County Health Department: a list of days and times each week when free, anonymous HIV testing is available at the Government Services Center at 601 Westtown Road, West Chester, PA.
- H.U.B. of Hope Ministries: a community ministry of the Church of the Open Door in Kennett Square, PA working to:
- inform, equip and mobilize diverse faith communities to respond with compassion and justice to people living with HIV/AIDS
- provide faith-based support to HIV-positive people and their families.