Project ONE is a case management program for HIV-positive individuals in Chester County who need assistance in obtaining medical care, counseling, mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment, food and housing.
We believe that all people living with HIV/AIDS have the right to accessible medical care and support services. If you are HIV-positive and live in Chester County, we want to empower you to achieve optimal health and personal independence.
Medical Case Management
When you join Project ONE, we will match you with one of our professional case managers who will visit you at home, contact you over the phone, or meet with you privately at one of our Family Service locations.
We will review your medical needs, discuss your personal history and current challenges, and help you to determine what resources and steps you need to take to reach a new, higher, and better level of health and wellbeing.
Our case managers will help you to schedule and attend medical appointments, and they will stay by your side to ensure that you are able to adhere to your medical treatment plans. In addition, our case managers will link you to:
- counseling with licensed mental health professionals at Family Service who are experienced in counseling for issues related to HIV/AIDS (free to those with no insurance; also available to families of people living with HIV/AIDS)
- support groups
- emergency financial assistance
- transportation to and from medical and related appointments
- coordination of housing assistance through Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- bilingual case management and counseling services
Other inquiries can be made to our confidential phone line: 610-466-0603
Prevention and Education
Project ONE also exists to reduce the transmission of HIV in Chester County. Our case managers and prevention education specialist Carol Colon are available to present information about HIV to small and large groups of all ages in Chester County, from teens to seniors.