Family Counselor in our Counseling Program.
We are looking for an individual who is energetic, motivated, and enthusiastic about counseling and about helping underserved individuals and families. Ideal candidates would have a Master’s in Social Work or related degree, at least 2 years’ experience providing therapeutic counseling, as well as strong clinical skills. Applicants must have a PA license, preferably LSW or higher level although related mental health licenses will be considered. The counselor is required to see clients at least three hours a week outside of regular business hours, either in the evening or weekday mornings before 9 am. Ability to speak fluent Spanish would be a plus but is not required.
The counselor’s primary responsibilities include:
- rendering individual, couples, and group counseling services at the main office and at least one branch office
- formulating psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, and goals with clients
- carrying out the treatment process,
- evaluating the course and results of treatment,
- maintaining client records and charting in a timely manner,
- attending clinical staff meetings and meeting productivity standards.
- 30 hour per week
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Family Service of Chester County is an equal opportunity employer.
Family Service of Chester County has training affiliations with several area graduate schools and undergraduate social work programs, including Bryn Mawr College, Widener University, and West Chester University.
- Case management for child abuse prevention
- Nonprofit development (grants writing, fundraising, web writing)
For information and inquiries, please contact Meg Pope, Counseling Program Director, at 610-696-4900 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.